Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 04: Towanda, PA to Ulysses, PA

Ulyesses was the last stop before Denton Hill and there was no way I was climbing the highest point on Rt 6 after 81 miles of hills. Even the old guy at the 'Pine Log Motel' (it's literally made of pine logs) told me I wasn't the only one to stop for the night. That's for tomorrow...



Its slightly downhill from here (thats what you think...):



I covered varied terrain today; long climbs leading to plateaus of farmland which eventually descended to river valleys.


Route 6 maintained a pretty decent elevation for most of the day, but with elevation comes steep descents. I took another 'short cut' around Rt 6 which ended at lunch at the bottom and my quickest descent yet. Somehow I hit 37mph on a shoulder-less tar and chip road, yikes.



Except the rivers were getting smaller and the valleys more narrow.


Eventually the valleys will dead end into the continental divide and the rivers will start flowing west.




That's for tomorrow...
Right now I'm tired and there's no phone service, or internet, or cable - pretty sure they're still on dial up in this neck of the woods. Although satellite, yes they have that - I watched about four episodes of Law and Order and went to bed.


Oh I almost forgot, I saw Mike again today, he stopped in the same coffee place for lunch.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment