Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 07: Meadville, PA to Cleveland Heights, OH

A few hills and lots of flat. Easy right? A bit of frost and no rain was a great way to start the day.

In the morning hours I arrived at a few warm lakes inhabited by some lone boats and dead downtowns.


A few miles later the anticipated arrival into Ohio via a mile long causeway over lake Pymatuning.


As the roadway changes pavement I cross into my destination state, Ohio!  Finally leaving the 480 miles of Pennsylvania mountains behind to enter the plains of Ohio.


Flat for miles in every direction, the biggest climb yet was this highway overpass.


After 25 miles of calm skies and flat terrain... Those cat tails were leaning for a reason.


15-20mph headwinds put a damper on my easy 77 mile day to the East side of Cleveland. A pre-lunch orchard stop was necessary.


The eastern half of Ohio is filled with lovely town squares and town halls. I stopped in Chardon for lunch and was on my way to the suburbs of Cleveland.


A long morning put me a short and windy 20 miles from Matthew's house. He cooked me a wonderful dinner of salmon and gnocchi and we polished off a nice bottle of wine. Was it from Gallucci's? I miss that place.


Thanks for the hospitality Matt and Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment